Renewable energy sources such as hydropower, wind, solar, and biomass are important technology options for reducing green-house gas emissions and local air pollutants associated with the burning of fossil fuels. They provide stable sources of electricity supply, and are expected to play an important role in future energy systems and environmental sustainability. We are investigating renewable energy resources from regional to global scales including: Wind, Solar, Hydropower, Biomass, etc.
- Zhou, S., Wang, Y., Zhou, Y.*, Clarke, L., Edmonds, J., 2018. The impacts of wind technology advancement on future global energy. Applied Energy, doi:10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.01.025
- Zhang, X., Ma, C., Song, X., Zhou, Y., Chen, W., 2016. The impacts of wind technology advancement on future global energy. Applied Energy 184, 1033-1037.
- Zhou, Y., M. Hejazi, S. Smith, J. Edmonds, H. Li, L. Clarke, K. Calvin & A. Thomson (2015), A comprehensive view of global potential for hydro-generated electricity. Energy & Environmental Science, 8, 2622-2633
- Zhou, Y., and S. Smith, 2013. Spatial and temporal patterns of global onshore wind speed distribution. Environmental Research Letters. 8 (03402), 9 doi:10.1088/1748-9326/8/3/034029
- Zhou, Y., Luckow, P., Smith, S., Clarke, L., 2012. Evaluation of Global Onshore Wind Energy Potential and Generation Costs. Environmental Science & Technology. 46 (14), 7857-7864